Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cruising



The news from Whidbey Island is good! We had a great visit to Spokane last weekend to visit the cathedral and remember our Karen. It was 99 degrees, hot, hot, but we loved driving around to favorite places. We returned the next day to Libby's in Olympia, and it was hot there, too. We did get our chores done as she prepares to sell her house and move to West Seattle. Our visit to see her new townhouse and lunch at Alki was great! Tomorrow we are finally getting away for a cruise on the Karen Marie, our Newport 30 sailboat. We have been so busy either with guests or activities we haven't been out except one short weekend in June. We hope to try out a few new spots, and it will be our first trip through Deception Pass with our own boat. This trip will be short, home for two days and then right back out for another week. I'm planning meals; Jim is getting gas in the engine, and we are going shopping this afternoon for needed supplies. I will take along my knitting. I have one sock finished from a pair, and I may take that as a small project. Last week I visited Michaels and bought more cotton yarn, at $1 a ball. I can knit those warshrags in my sleep and everybody is getting them. My friend, Jill, has had more than anyone because she keeps giving them away to family! I'm down to the bright orange and lime green colors now, so I think I'll get to keep those. As soon as it cools off, I will start on Libby's log cabin blanket. I bought lots of beautiful wool to knit her a blanket for her living room sofa. It'll be nice on cool northwest days. Happy summer days to everyone! Jim and Virginia on Whidbey.

No comments: