Monday, June 12, 2006

Another Northwest Morning


I get to do the same old thing today-wait for the floor guys to finish putting down the hardwood(remember, we are on island time!); worry about the mess and the house guests next weekend; wish I had a great place to store my stash(I already have one closet dedicated to yarns, etc.); and do laundry. If I get a chance, I'll knit some more on the scarf I started last night-the Squiggly thing in the Mason Dixon book. I want to graduate to lace, but right now I am limiting myself to easy, esay, easy because my brain won't deal with anymore complications. I did finish a Warshrag on Saturday night. Easy knitting, but I made a mistake--so I acted like the Yarn Harlot and worked it out. No one would ever know. It was an experiment anyway. Sunday afternoon I went on a great search for more cotton yarn, and I found some at JoAnn's, but it was not on sale. A lady at church said they have it at Walmart, but it is hidden below some other stuff. I'll check that out later. I do have enough now to make every person I know 14 washcloths!. I think my brain believes if I add to my stash I'll find the perfect project and then I won't feel so distracted, splintered, cuttered and yikes! I am going crazy with all this mess at home. I love those women who wrote the Mason Dixon book for saving my sanity with square knitting! My mantra is "Tomorrow is another day"~ala Scarlet~ I'll be better tomorrow because I go to yoga, my latest cool activity. The weather is OK today, but the clouds are coming in to cover the bright sunny morning. No breeze and the harbor is flat. It is summer in the northwest, a cool 60 degree morning, perfect for coffee on the patio. Have a good one! Va in Washington

No comments: