Saturday, June 10, 2006

Whidbey Knitter News


Welcome to my first blog on life, knitting, island living and other things that come up. This is a scattered time for us. We have hardwood floors going down and the kitchen is torn up, and my knitting is all over everywhere. I feel as scattered with my knitting projects as the house looks. My solution to that is to buy more yarn. Yesterday I made a trip to Burlington to buy cotton yarn to make Warshrags ala the MasonDixon knitting book. At the same time, I started the log cabin squares blanket with some left over cheap yarn, and I tried out the scarf pattern they have using thin and thick yarn, the "Scribbling" scarf. As soon as I can find the digital camera, I'll add a photo of a felted bag made last fall, using leftovers from others I gave away at Christmas, and my latest pair of socks. My stash now has enough yarn to knit 12 pairs of socks. I did give 10 chemo caps to the local Oncology Dept at the hospital, and found out they need lap robes for chemo patients. I've emailed my friend Sandy and we'll try to start a knitting circle for that project. Signing off for now. Va from Whidbey.

2 comments:

Cheryl:) said...

Hi!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! I love the bag! (Bag-a-holic that I am...) I also made socks using that exact same yarn!! (I guess exact same is sort of redundant, huh?) Anyway...welcome to the blogosphere!!!!

Whidbey Knitter said...

Hi Cheryl, this is so exciting! You are the first person to respond in the great expanse of ethernet! I thought I might be crying in the wilderness. Hope you have a great day. Cheers, Virginia in Washington.